There is nothing to worry about if you got the results positive. Most of the cases of COVID-19 are asymptomatic and they don't require any intensive treatment and those cases will get resolved on their own.
Few points you have to keep in mind if you got the result positive:
If you are asymptomatic i.e., don't have any symptoms of COVID-19 like fever, dry cough, sore throat, breathlessness, etc., then
- Take one (1) multi-vitamins, multi-minerals, and anti-oxidants combo capsule once daily i.e., in the morning after breakfast.
- Take 500mg Vitamin C chewable tablets twice daily i.e., one in the morning and one in the evening.
- Take one (1) Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 60,000 IU once in a week.
- Take immune-boosting ayurvedic herbal products readily available in the market like Dabur Chywanprash etc.
- Use lukewarm water for drinking instead of normal water. Avoid using cool water.
- Take diet rich in proteins. If proteins are not available in diet then use readily available protein energy drinks or powders like Protinex etc.
If you are symptomatic i.e., having symptoms like fever, dry cough, breathlessness, sore throat, etc., then
- Treatment should be done as per the symptoms observed.
- If body temperature is high then paracetamol is the preferred drug of choice for reducing body temperature. One of the famous brands of paracetamol is Dolo 650.
- If cough and cold are noticed then antihistamines and antitussives should be given. Levocetirizine and Montelukast combination is best for cold and Dextromethorphan containing tablets or syrup is the preferred one for cough. Famous brands available in the market are L-Hist Mont and TusQ-DX.
- If breathlessness is found then Theophylline and Etiophylline combination should be given to the patient. Please do note that if severe breathlessness and suffocation are observed then it is mandatory to provide pure oxygen to the patient via ventilatory support (oxygen cylinders). The brand name available in the market is Deriphyllin Retard 150 and 300.
- Inhalational steroids are prescribed in some cases so as to provide relief from suffocation and breathlessness. However, this is a temporary treatment. Fluticasone is preferred for providing temporary relief from breathlessness and suffocation. Flomist nasal spray is the brand name available in the market.
- Antivirals and Antibiotics are given depending upon the conditions. Doxycycline is a preferred antibiotic that is advised in Corona cases. Remdesivir is the preferred antiviral drug in severe COVID-19 infection.
- Along with all this, you have to follow the procedure of asymptomatic corona too i.e., taking multivitamins and vitamin C chewable tablets daily and all other steps that we mentioned earlier.
For more details, refer to the article 'Complete Guidance for the Treatment and Management of COVID-19 Coronavirus (SARS-CoV 2) Infection'
If you are suffering from Corona infection or got COVID-19 positive results, you can book your appointment from the below link, it's absolutely free. You will be charged only for your medicines.
No need to worry about if you are at the initial stage, and don't neglect if the results are positive.